Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun with Photoshop

The possibilities of what can be done with Photoshop are literally endless. From touching up a few blemishes to inserting an entire person who is missing from the photo, Photoshop is a tool that amateur and especially professional photographers should utilize. Some might argue that this can alter the truthfulness of photographs that before computers existed was rarely questioned. This is true, at times, but if I'm taking portrait shots, I doubt leaving a big pimple on the subject's nose is going to be appreciated now or 10 years down the road. (Plus, sometimes Photoshop can be kinda fun.) This photo was just a fun example of altering the color and using different filters to make the picture look like cut out pieces of paper.
This next photo was used as print on a t-shirt to celebrate the couple's 50th anniversary. The ability to change the photo in this way was crucial for printing to a t-shirt while only using one color.
While only two examples have been provided, it is easy to see how much can be done with just one program. I could go on giving tips and tricks for using Photoshop, but there is so much that I wouldn't know where to start, let alone finish. The main purpose of this entry is that if you have any questions regarding how to use this tool, email me and I will post a segment on it. If its something I know about, I would love to help!

Already a Photoshop nerd and ready to take on a new challenge? Check out this link. I'm still tweaking my technique, but this is a pretty fun project to try out.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tutorials-effects/how-to-mold-paint-splatter-to-a-face-in-photoshop/

No comments:

Post a Comment